France vs. Hawaii

Carter’s Purpose:  I am trying to convince my mom that Hawaii is better than France.

Mom’s Purpose:  I am going to convince Carter that France is better than Hawaii!

Carter:I think Hawaii is better than France because it’s sunny and you can play on the beach.

Example: When I am in Hawaii I like to play on the beach all day.

Mom:  I think France is better because you can visit historical landmarks like the Arc D’Triomph and Eiffel Tower, especially at night.

Example: When I am in France, I like to walk around Paris and see all the people and landmarks.

Carter:  I think Hawaii is better than France because  you can see beautiful flowers.

Example:  Every time I am in Hawaii, I see the most beautiful flowers ever.

Mom:  I think France is better than Hawaii because you can visit the Louvre and see flowers painted by Monet.

Example:  When I walked around the Louvre, I felt like I could see a part of history.

Carter: I think Hawaii is better than France because you can eat shaved ice when you are hot and it hardly rains.

Example:  When I’m in Hawaii, it is scorching hot.

Mom:  I think France is better than Hawaii because you can get a fresh crepe filled with chocolate and bananas while strolling down the Champs-Elysees while shopping.

Example:  When I am in France, it is cool and exciting and they have wonderful food!

Carter: I think Hawaii is better than France because you can play all day and aren’t in front of a screen all day!

Example:  For instance, I like to play football with my dad, grandpa and little brother in the grass.

Mom:  I think France is better than Hawaii because you can walk the entire city, including the wonderful Notre Dame.

Example:  The church bells ring and the whole city of Paris can hear it!

Conclusion for Carter: And this is why I think Hawaii is so awesome!

Conclusion for Mom:  And this is why I think France is unforgettable and hope that Carter will have the opportunity to visit someday.

Carter: Did I convince you?

Mom:  Did I convince you?

Both:  It’s a tie…..!!!

Image result for picture of kauai

Which place do you like better?

3 thoughts on “France vs. Hawaii”

1. Dear Carter and Mom,
    What a fun opinion exchange! Wow! Now I want to visit both places. The reasons you gave and examples were so amazing. I actually pictured strolling down the Champs-Elysees enjoying a fresh crepe or seeing the most beautiful flowers in Hawaii. I agree with you that it’s a
    tie! Great opinion post!

From,
    Mrs. Fordyce

2. Dear Carter,
    I have not been to either of these places.But I like Hawaii better then France. I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii.
    What did you do at Hawaii?
    From,
    Avery

3. Dear Carter,
    I loved your post and I definitely like Hawaii more than France (No offence to your mom). But I have wanted to go to France to see the Eiffel tower but I still like Hawaii more.
    From,
    Bianca